Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Amazing Parallels

I had a recent phone conversation with a fellow wedding professional. Photographer Dan Wagner contacted me to inquire about my eNewsletters. We chatted about technology and our wonderful wedding industry. We both have a strong passion for what we do… but what ended up surprising both of us were the parallels in our lives. It turns out that we both studied photography and Farmingdale State (we studied a few years apart, but I won’t say who was older). We had many of the same professors and had nearly exact likes and dislikes in the curriculum we studied.

It also turns out that Dan lived in the same town as me for a couple of years, but again… parallels, our paths did not cross. Then the kicker was when Dan asked if I knew a particular videographer that he had befriended early in the wedding/event video industry. Sure enough we had both been friendly with the same videographer, but again at different times.

While Dan and I have not yet worked together… after that very pleasant conversation, I know that I’d enjoy that opportunity.


Dan Wagner Photography http://www.danwagner.com/

No comments: