Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Twenty Things

Many years ago, I was speaking with one of our brides about a variety of topics regarding her wedding. It seemed to her that I had a quality suggestion for virtually any of the issues that she wanted to discuss about her wedding; mainly because almost every aspect of a bride’s wedding decisions affect her wedding movie in one form or another.

Anyway, after the fifth or sixth quality suggestion that she wrote down, she half jokingly said that I should write a book. Well, while I did not think I was capable of a book, I did realize that I had a LOT of suggestions that would help ANY bride prepare for her wedding day and without even realizing it, she’d be making her wedding movie better as well.

So I started documenting a variety of suggestions; and in a very short time, I had created an article that I titled “Twenty Things You Can Do To Make Your Wedding Video Better, Without Even Trying”, or TTYCDTMYWVBWOET for short (just kidding). I usually refer to it as my “Twenty Things” article.

Intermittently I will be posting some of those suggestions here on this blog. Here is the first…

GOWN SELECTION –
When choosing your wedding gown (and bridesmaids dresses too), consider the fact that you will be dancing much of the night. While it may look appropriate for the “Chicken Dance”, clutching your dress under your arms and lifting is not necessarily the best shot for your wedding video. Strapless gowns may not be the best choice for all brides… unless you like “popping out”!

Simply stated, when trying on gowns, DANCE IN IT! With or without music, dance around as if it were you were screaming out TWIST AND SHOUT! Then you’ll know for sure that you will be 100% comfortable all night.

No comments: